Video journal by underground philosopher Colin Patrick Barth on the art of writing original philosophy (in the Nietzschean tradition), with insights into the creative process of writing a 3-volume work of literature, “The Constellation of Man.” Recorded August 11, 2017.
Included in this second episode:
- The big news that some excerpts are now online at my blog, Wisdom Dancer.
- the importance of failure along the way, or
- Why This Second Episode Took So Long.
- (Not) getting comfortable with failure in ambitious creative work, in which failure is quite natural.
- Lateral, associative thoughts versus too much deliberate planning, or methodology.
- Most written philosophy is boring.
- How I’m trying to let resonant images organize material according to a different intuition, which is counterintuitive to a systematic writer.
- … the occasional pause, and a bit of inarticulate meandering. Brought to you by sleep deprivation (also natural).